All Science Content
Laws of Motion Lesson
Laws of Motion Games
Laws of Motion Quiz
Laws of Motion Video
mouseover for definition
Forces acting on an object are equal
Forces acting on an object are not equal
Larger force minus smaller force
A force exerted on surfaces when they rub past each other
Newton's 1st law
An object resting rests forever unless you apply a force.
An object moving will move forever unless you apply a force
Newton's 2nd Law
F=ma, the force applied to an object in order to make it stop or go is equal to the object's mass multiplied by acceleration.
Newton's 3rd Law
All actions have equal and opposite reactions.
The resistance of an object to move or stop.
Rate of change in velocity
Distance divided by time, with a direction
Distance divided by time. d/t
work = force x distance
NEWTON"S LAWS QUIZ
Fill in the following blanks. After you submit the quiz, you will be forwarded to a page with the correct responses as well as the responses you entered. You will also receive an email with your responses.
Enter your name
Enter your email address
1. State the first law of motion in your own words.
2. State the second law of motion in your own words.
3. State the third law of motion in your own words.
4. What is the difference between speed and velocity?
5. What is net force?
6. What is the unit for force?
7. What is the unit for mass?
8. What is the unit for acceleration?
9. Name 2 examples of force that will stop an object from moving?
10. What is the net force and direction that the box will move?
11. What is the net force and direction that the box will move?
12. F(N) = m(kg) x a(m/s
Mavis pushes a 22kg box ball with 44N of of force.
What was its acceleration?
13. F(N) = m(kg) x a(m/s
Mark kicks a 22kg bowling ball (OUCH!) causing it to
accelerate 2 m/s
. How much force was needed?
14. According to Newton's 1st law of motion, what will an object at rest
continue to do if no force is applied?
you must enter name and email address