All Science Content
Climate Cycles Game
mouseover for definition
The average condition of temperature, precipitation, winds, and clouds.
RAINY SIDE, The side of a mountain that faces oncoming wind.
DRY SIDE, The downwind side of mountains.
The area near the equator, between 23.5 north latitude, and 23.5 south latitude.
The area near both poles, from about 66.5 and 90 degrees north, and 66.5 and 90 degrees south latitudes.
The area between the tropical and polar zones, from about 23.5 and 66.5 north and from 23.5 and 66.5 south latitudes.
Fill in the following blanks. After you submit the quiz, you will be forwarded to a page with the correct responses as well as the responses you entered. You will also receive an email with your responses.
Enter your name
Enter your email address
1. Name 2 factors that affect climate.
2. Name 2 factors that affect precipitation.
3. Name 4 factors that affect temperature.
4. What is the windward side of a mountain like?
5. What is the leeward side of a mountain like?
6. Warm water currents produce what kind of air current?
7. Cold water currents produce what kind of air currents?
8. The California current is a water current that travels toward the equator.
Is this a warm water current or a cold water current?
9. Which direction do warm water currents travel from the equator?
10. Which direction do cold water currents travel from the poles?
11. What are the 3 zones of climate?
12. Which climate zone is always cool or cold?
13. What type of air mass comes from the zone where you might
wear a fur coat year round?
14. What type of air mass comes from the South Pole?
15. What type of air mass comes from the North Pole?
16. What happens to a water current when it reaches the equator?
17. How do oceans affect temperature of nearby land masses?
18. What is an El Nino?
19. How often does an El Nino occur?
20. Where does an El Nino start?
21. What is a microclimate?
you must enter name and email address